Securing Cable Ends

A place to put all your tips for restoring karts.
briansa3
BHKC Member

Securing Cable Ends

Post by briansa3 »

Tony Wilkins wrote about making up cables. This article is a supplement to it, and appeared in a past issue of the newsletter. We have many new members so just to get the retoration topic started I have republished it here.
Attachments
cables.doc
(53.5 KiB) Downloaded 867 times
Brian Malin
Tony Brinkworth
BHKC Member

Re: Securing Cable Ends

Post by Tony Brinkworth »

For both the brake and throttle O use the method that is shown in Tony Wilkins article with some changes. On my Karts for the throttle cables I use two small brass electrical connectors cut out of a piece of plastic connector block that you can get from any DIY store. For the brake I use steel connectors that have two cap screws. These are available at most kart dealers and are far stronger than brass electrical connectors.

Tony
Tony Brinkworth
classic Ed
BHKC Member
BHKC Membership no.: 199

Re: Securing Cable Ends

Post by classic Ed »

As a scooter enthusiast we still use solder-less nipples. They are readily available from any scooter shop that do vespas and lambrettas and come in varied sizes. You can even get stainless ones now and one on its own will be strong enough. Its hard to get original type ones with lead pads but they are not as good any way. If any of you are struggling to get some you could message me and i could source your local dealer for you. if you like i will take some pics of the different types and post them on here for you to look at.
Ed Hocking.