Azusa wheels

A place to put all your tips for restoring karts.
bultaco49
BHKC Comittee
BHKC Membership no.: 0

Azusa wheels

Post by bultaco49 »

Just wondering if anyone has purchased AZUSA wheels from the US in the past. I have to replace rear wheels on my ZIP Astronaut restoration and these are the only new wheels I can find. The wheels are here
http://www.azusaeng.com/wheels/whls6a.html if anyone has an opinion.
They seem very reasonable at US$30 each though shipping & tax will probably double the price.
Tim Norwood
stevenew
BHKC Member

Re: Azusa wheels

Post by stevenew »

Hi,im also interested in buying a set,i do know that alan at talko,s is planning to stock parts from the company.I will be going over to talko this week so ill ask him if he plans to stock the wheels.

Steve
Steve Newman
bultaco49
BHKC Comittee
BHKC Membership no.: 0

Post by bultaco49 »

Hi Steve. Thanks for the reply. That would be handy if Talko stocked them as a trip to Sandy would be much easier. I found an Azusa stockist who use PayPal and will ship to the UK here http://www.gokartgalaxy.com/

Tim
Tim Norwood
stevenew
BHKC Member

Post by stevenew »

I will let you know this week if talko are going to stock them.

Steve
Steve Newman
Justin
Site Admin
BHKC Membership no.: 202

Post by Justin »

Jim coulthard had a set that he picked up off ebay, he might still have them, but I cant remember if they were 5" or 6"

Cheers
Dan Flanders

Post by Dan Flanders »

A word of caution regarding the modern production Azusa rims and Azusa axles. Unfortunately, Azusa has focused production towards the yard-kart market and the quality is really hit-and-miss. Not only that, but they've embossed the rims with a ridiculous speed limit warning not found on the vintage versions. Don't bother with the 1" axles either, most are woefully out of round. A lot of guys here in the States have them custom cut by a reputable machinist.

Regards,
Dan