Replacement Engine Liners

A place to put all your tips for restoring karts.
Ivan Turner

Replacement Engine Liners

Post by Ivan Turner »

It is becoming increasingly clear that these parts are getting harder to find (barring sourcing from another engine), I am thinking about getting some made, The company I work for has the facilities and contacts to manufacture these items but to compile a set of drawings I need as much of the original data as possible, so if anyone has coppies of the relavant data I would be grateful to get a copy. Likewise original liners that have been bored beyond limit or damaged beyond use are of equal interest.

Is this likely to be of interest to the club?

Regards,
Ivan
oldboyracer
BHKC Member
BHKC Membership no.: 0

Re: Replacement Engine Liners

Post by oldboyracer »

Hi Ivan
I'm in, I have been trying to get a DAP T70TT liner for a while.
There is some technical drawings from a karting mag here in the forum under engines, and I can supply a broken liner (Skirt damaged)
Cheers

Steve
Steve Strong
Ivan Turner

Post by Ivan Turner »

Thank you, not only will old liners such as your enable correct port timings to be reproduced but will also serve to identify the correct material.
If I get enough interest then I will be able to put a business proposal together.
MikBK77
BHKC Membership no.: 0

Post by MikBK77 »

Ralph Sonntag in Germany is already doing some work of this nature. He may be able to help.
http://www.kartbook.net/photo/picture-0 ... ext=latest
Mike Best
Qld Vintage & Historic Karting
Australia
Ivan Turner

Post by Ivan Turner »

OK, I have located a commercial manufacturer of centrifugal ductile cast iron liners, all I need now is some sample liners to detail the initial port timings. I have an old K88 liner (ex wayne Homer, very fast in its day) so I will start with that.

If anyone is interested in sourceing replacement liners then please PM me. It would involve posting the old liner to me for drawing.