zip gp with 125 rotax

elteltango

zip gp with 125 rotax

Post by elteltango »

Hi Guys
I wanted soooo much to get my old girl back out on the track but im so involved in classic car racing in europe that i just cant do it :)
I know its a bit cheeky but im fishing for advice on what i should put it on e-bay for as i am so out of touch with the classic kart market.
The chassis is a Zip GP which is perfect in every way
The engine is an air cooled rotax 125 which has done zero - yes zero- hours since a full rebuild by Alan Dell in 1994.
The kart runs zip brakes which i am told are one stop ??? ( known as neverstop ?)
The kart is in bits and the brakes will need a full set of seals but all parts to build it back to its former glory are here to include original side pods and rear downforce wing (with rotax lettering still on it)
I would be greatfull if one of the members could give me a bit of guidence on price that it should be set at on e-bay as i just dont know.
Many thanks in advance
Terry
07825 173619
Terry Smith
elteltango

Re: zip gp with 125 rotax

Post by elteltango »

Hi Guys (and I am pleased to say girls)
Well thank you very much for your valued input as to what I should be looking at with my kart.
I didn't know that they were in such demand ! but I must say that for all the members that I have spoken to over the last few weeks, not one has given me an ounce of bad advice - a credit to the club and just goes to show that there are creditable people who not only want to help but are as honest as the day is long.
I have been out of the country for most of September and will be for a good part of October ( classic car racing ) but promise the member (un-named) that I will send the pictures to him with the hope that it will stay within the club.
This is a fine institution that has valuable members who will give good advice and lead you in the right direction when you need help . . . if only we had this in car racing :(
One thing that I can say is that when I do hang my car suit up - I will be searching for a classic to try and stretch out my love of being on the black stuff in a classic kart !
Off to the Nurburgring now but look forward to watching some fine demonstrations in 2012.
Best regards
Terry
Terry Smith