Race Retro Show Report 2014

briansa3
BHKC Member

Race Retro Show Report 2014

Post by briansa3 »

hi all

Considering the past few months, we had some reasonable weather and with the improved track surface and repositioned marquee it all worked out very well on the live action area. We had two sessions on Saturday and one Sunday. I think we had forty karts over the weekend on track with a good spread of class ones and class four from 1960 until 1982 providing plenty of action but we still cant beat the sideways abilities of doughnuts of Eric Atkinson and Bob Rawden!
Henry Beaudette did a fine job of commentating and with our Bahamas trip, juniors on track and our 2014 calendar and programme there was plenty to talk about.
The most talked about was the "barn find" 1961 Get Kart/Zundapp of Robert Bassett. A new member and recent find, Robert proved that there was plenty of help and advise to sort it out.
The enthusiasm we had from the public was fantastic and the number of disappointed people that came over for the second Sunday session even surprised myself. Too many time constraints with the start of the retro race to Monaco Rally and "time out" for marshalls was the problem but we did get one good 30 minute session in the morning.

Our inside stand in the Hall 2 was as busy as ever and we had good interaction with the Bahamas Speed week organisers who had their own stand. Our patron Whizzo Williams came across on several occasions to sup[port us. He was also down at the live action stage to give young Edward Thurston some support when he was interviewed about his passion for historic karting.

Overall a very successful and great weekend. Thanks to everyone who turned up. next meeting will be our club day at Hotton Park, April 5th (Liverpool) followed by the Donington historic festival over May 3-5th.

I will get some photo on the site later in the week. just a reminder to visitors, karts for sale are in the forum that is free to join and has contains loads more information.

brian
Attachments
raceretro014.jpg
Brian Malin
briansa3
BHKC Member

Re: Race Retro Show Report 2014

Post by briansa3 »

hi all

just putting the note here as I edited the post and edits do not show up.

brian
Brian Malin