restoration begins

A place to put all your tips for restoring karts.
backinleathers
BHKC Member
BHKC Membership no.: 0

restoration begins

Post by backinleathers »

Hi All

I have today collected a ZIP SILVERSTONE yes the one that was on e-bay recently, So now begins a restoration programe,Photos to follow It is missing some parts so if anyone has some spares lurking in the back of their workshop please do let me know what you have available
BRIAN LAWRENCE
bultaco49
BHKC Comittee
BHKC Membership no.: 0

Re: restoration begins

Post by bultaco49 »

Hi Brian

I think we met briefly at the RaceRetro show and chatted about Historic Karting. Glad to see you have a project underway. If you start a restoration blog under the 'show your kart thred' and post some photos you will probably get lots of advice and offers of parts.

I've just finished restoring a Zip Silverstone 72 very similar to yours although I have a Bultaco engine installed (thred in show your kart). I think you have mounts for a Villiers? Are you going to fit a Villiers engine? There are a few about although you my need a crowbar to prise them out of some of the members sheds!

Come along to Donnington as there will be a big turnout and sure to be some Silverstone's - and we are sharing the Melbourne Loop with the Rally boys!
Tim Norwood